TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- CBI War: Nageshwar Rao Appointed Interim Director, Verma, Asthana Sent On Leave
- OnePlus Pop-Up Events Announced: Buy OnePlus 6T With Free Food And Goodies
- Ever Been To This Ancient Village Of Tigawa In Madhya Pradesh?
- Ever Tried Using Kiwi For Strong & Shiny Hair?
- THIS Actor Caught Deepika Padukone Sitting On Ranveer Singh's Lap; Reveals How Their Romance Begun!
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- Manchester United 0 Juventus 1: Dybala Downs Mourinho's Men On Ronaldo's Return
- Paytm FD Offers Interest At The Rate Of 8%; Know How To Avail It
Thursday, February 08, 2007
Lily Allen will go to the BRITs because her dad told her to. The 'Smile' singer had threatened to boycott the prestigious event because she feared she would leave empty-handed, despite being nominated for four awards. However, Lily's father, comedian Keith Allen, told her she must attend because she may never have the chance again. According to Britain's The Sun newspaper, Keith told her: "It's a once-in-a-lifetime thing to be nominated for four BRITs - you must go and have a good time." Lily has taken heed of her father's advice and decided to go.
She said: "I really was going to stay away from the BRITs because as soon as the nominations came out, I was convinced I wouldn't win anything. "It's not like the end of the world if I don't win something. But when my dad found out I wasn't going, he went mad. He said it would be bad form." Lily is convinced she will lose the Best Female gong to rival Amy Winehouse and the Best Album trophy to Arctic Monkeys. She has also been named in the Best Single and Best Breakthrough categories, but fears the awards will go to Leona Lewis for her debut song 'A Moment Like This' and The Kooks respectively.
Lily, 21, added: "There's the split vote thing going on when you are nominated in all those categories but I think Amy Winehouse will win the Best Female award and I don't think I will win anything."