TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chennai: Schools And Colleges Shut For 48 Hours After Heavy Rain Alert
- The Jio Effect: Telcos May Discontinue Free Incoming Call Facility
- Deepika Padukone And Ranveer Singh's Bengaluru Reception Pictures
- Mahindra Alturas G4 Review First Drive — The Benchmark For Future Mahindra SUVs?
- Want An Easy To Ace Yet The Most Eye-catching Airport Look? — Take Cues From Anushka Sharma
- All About The Spectacular Buddha Park In Ravangla
- 1st T20I: Australia Beats India By 4 Runs
- 5 Best Short And Safe Investments In India
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Lionel Richie has branded celebrities who casually enter rehab "cliche".
The Dancing on the Ceiling singer - whose own adopted daughter Nicole entered a California rehab facility for heroin addiction in 2003 after being charged with possession of the drug - believes too many stars check into facilities for trivial reasons.
Lionel said: "I think it's a cliche to say, 'I'm going into rehab. I bumped my foot today - rehab, I hit my head on something - rehab. "
The 57-year-old maintains his own daughter needed to go to rehab and some showbiz pundits believe his comments were aimed at stars who visited rehab after making bigoted comments. One publicist said: "It seems to me that he's referring to Mel Gibson or Isaiah Washington. If that's the case, that's really unfortunate."
Nicole is currently awaiting a court hearing after being charged with Driving Under the Influence. The 25-year-old has pleaded not guilty despite confessing to the officers who stopped her while driving in the wrong direction on a California highway that she had smoked marijuana.