TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Madonna won the title of world's top fashion icon at the Elle Style Awards last night. The 48-year-old singer - who is about to launch her own designer clothing range, M by Madonna, through high street store H and M - was honoured for her experimental and ever-changing style throughout her phenomenal music career.The Elle awards - dubbed the "unofficial fashion Oscars" - named Naomi Campbell as Best Model, while actress Penelope Cruz won the Best Film award for 'Volver'.
The awards - held in Camden's Roundhouse in London - attracted a host of glamorous stars, including Sir Bob Geldof's daughter Peaches, and British actress Ashley Jensen, who collected the Best TV Show award for hit US comedy 'Ugly Betty', in which she stars. Thandie Newton was awarded Best Actress for her performance in 'The Pursuit of Happyness' and Stella McCartney was named Best International Designer. Best British Music Act was awarded to Amy Winehouse and Jude Law won Best Actor.