TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Phethai Updates — Storm To Make Landfall In Andhra By Afternoon; 22 Trains Cancelled
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- Virat Kohli Second-Fastest To 25 Test Hundreds; Surpasses Tendulkar
- Banks May Be Closed For Five Days From December 21
- 10 Best Websites To Watch Bollywood Movies Online
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Red Carpet Pictures
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
- 2018 Survey Reveals The Most Dangerous Countries For Women
Monday, November 05, 2007
Washington (ANI): Music icon Madonna's adopted son David Banda will be reunited with his biological father for the first time in more than a year when the pop queen will return to Malawi to finalise the adoption later this month. The singer picked the two-year-old tot following a visit to an orphanage in the African country in October last year 2006.
And though Banda's father, Yohane, is glad his son is no longer living in poverty, he fears that the little boy may not recognise him after a year apart. "I can't wait to see my son again after a year. It will be a fantastic moment. But I have my anxieties though. Will he recognise me or his granny after all these months? It's a surreal feeling," Contactmusic quoted Yohane, as saying. “It's terribly sad that David will be officially de-linked from us. But we want the adoption to go ahead in David's best interests," he added.
The peasant farmer also revealed his hopes that David will use his future riches to help his family. "When he grows up he will be a wealthy man. I may be gone by then. But I hope he will lift his other relatives out of poverty in the way that Madonna is doing for him," he said.