TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Monday, November 05, 2007
Washington (ANI): Music icon Madonna's adopted son David Banda will be reunited with his biological father for the first time in more than a year when the pop queen will return to Malawi to finalise the adoption later this month. The singer picked the two-year-old tot following a visit to an orphanage in the African country in October last year 2006.
And though Banda's father, Yohane, is glad his son is no longer living in poverty, he fears that the little boy may not recognise him after a year apart. "I can't wait to see my son again after a year. It will be a fantastic moment. But I have my anxieties though. Will he recognise me or his granny after all these months? It's a surreal feeling," Contactmusic quoted Yohane, as saying. “It's terribly sad that David will be officially de-linked from us. But we want the adoption to go ahead in David's best interests," he added.
The peasant farmer also revealed his hopes that David will use his future riches to help his family. "When he grows up he will be a wealthy man. I may be gone by then. But I hope he will lift his other relatives out of poverty in the way that Madonna is doing for him," he said.