- Madonna snubs adopted kids' families in Malawi
- Madonna shattered by doomed adoption reports
- Madonna sacks nanny for not knowing French
- Madonna Defends Her 'Blowing Up The White House' Speech
- Becoming Famous Is Easy These Days, Says Madonna
- Madonna's Bizarre Antics! Madge Exposes Fan's Bosoms On Stage!
Monday, November 05, 2007
Washington (ANI): Music icon Madonna's adopted son David Banda will be reunited with his biological father for the first time in more than a year when the pop queen will return to Malawi to finalise the adoption later this month. The singer picked the two-year-old tot following a visit to an orphanage in the African country in October last year 2006.
And though Banda's father, Yohane, is glad his son is no longer living in poverty, he fears that the little boy may not recognise him after a year apart. "I can't wait to see my son again after a year. It will be a fantastic moment. But I have my anxieties though. Will he recognise me or his granny after all these months? It's a surreal feeling," Contactmusic quoted Yohane, as saying. “It's terribly sad that David will be officially de-linked from us. But we want the adoption to go ahead in David's best interests," he added.
The peasant farmer also revealed his hopes that David will use his future riches to help his family. "When he grows up he will be a wealthy man. I may be gone by then. But I hope he will lift his other relatives out of poverty in the way that Madonna is doing for him," he said.