TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Sabarimala: Police Told Mediapersons To Vacate Sannidhanam, Pamba
- Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite With 8 GB RAM Spotted On TENAA With Improved Cameras
- This Beautiful Town In Uttarakhand Is All You Need To Relax
- Did You Know That Cayenne Pepper Can Boost Hair Growth?
- BREAKING! Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Confirm Their Wedding Date; Release Official Statement
- Mahindra KUV100 NXT AMT Spotted Testing In Bangalore
- India Vs Windies, 1st ODI, Highlights: Kohli And Rohit Fire India To Comprehensive Win
- AIIMS Delhi Recruitment 2018 For 2000 Nursing Assistants
Monday, October 01, 2007
London, (ANI): Pop diva Madonna, hip-hop band 'Beastie Boys", and 'Queen of Disco" Donna Summer are among stars who have been nominated for induction into the US 'Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". Also among the contenders are Leonard Cohen, John Mellencamp, Chic, the Dave Clark Five and Afrika Bambaataa.
According to the Billboard magazine, the nominees selected by a committee will be whittled down to a final list of five by more than 600 music experts, who will enter the hall in March. Musician can be considered for the honour of being inducted into the Cleaveland-based hall only 25 years after their first recording, reports the BBC. Last year, the honour of being inducted into the hall was conferred on rock band R.E.M., hip-hop star Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Van Halen, the Ronettes and Patti Smith.
The artists included in the hall are featured in the Museum"s Hall of Fame exhibit, which includes a computerised jukebox containing every song of every inductee and a film on three big screens recounting their careers and music.