TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- ISIS Co-Conspirator From Tamil Nadu Arrested
- Huawei Mate 20 Pro With Triple Cameras Vs Other High-End Triple And Dual Camera Smartphones
- Mount Harriet National Park Showcases The Richly Diverse Wildlife Of The North Andaman
- Remove Dark Circles With Mint Leaves
- Nana Patekar Will Soon Be In Jail For Harassing Tanushree Dutta, Says Lawyer Nitin Satpute
- New Hyundai Santro First Look Review — The Return Of The Legend
- ISL: FCG Vs MCFC: Preview, Timing, Live Streaming: Goa Keen To Set Record Straight Against Mumbai
- Cases When Insurance Nominee May Not Get Proceeds: All You Should Know
Wednesday, October 03, 2007
London (ANI): Pop diva Madonna, hip-hop band 'Beastie Boys", and 'Queen of Disco" singer Donna Summer are among stars who have been nominated for induction into the US 'Rock and Roll Hall of Fame". Also among the contenders are Leonard Cohen, John Mellencamp, Chic, the Dave Clark Five and Afrika Bambaataa. According to the Billboard magazine, the nominees selected by a committee will be whittled down to a final list of five by more than 600 music experts, who will enter the hall in March.
Musician can be considered for the honour of being inducted into the Cleaveland-based hall only 25 years after their first recording, reports the BBC. Last year, the honour of being inducted into the hall was conferred on rock band R.E.M., hip-hop star Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, Van Halen, the Ronettes and Patti Smith. The artists included in the hall are featured in the Museum"s Hall of Fame exhibit, which includes a computerised jukebox containing every song of every inductee and a film on three big screens recounting their careers and music.