TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Monday, February 19, 2007
Madonna wants to "be Jesus". The controversial singer - who infuriated Christian church leaders by performing while hung from a cross wearing a crown of thorns during her 'Confessions' world tour - wants to be worshipped as a spiritual leader.Madonna said in an interview with America's Sirius Satellite radio: "For me we all need to be Jesus in our time. Jesus message was to love your neighbour as yourself and there are people in need. I hope that people get that message. Of course some people thought, 'Oh, she's just being controversial, she's just getting on a cross and trying to p**s people off,' but that wasn't my intention at all. I want to be like Gandhi and Martin Luther King and John Lennon but I want to stay alive."
The 48-year-old singer also said gay men relate to her better because she is such a strong woman. She said: "Gay men are perfect men for girls who are tough. They're not threatened by strong women, and they're usually very in touch with their feelings and pay attention to details. I've always had an affinity with gay men."