TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Noel Gallagher has joked Oasis will be just like "Sting" after they win the Outstanding Contribution To Music award at tonight's BRITs. The guitarist is unsure of whether he should be proud to receive the honour because it means his band is officially getting old.He told Britain's NME magazine: "We're finally up there with Sting, Eurythmics and Sir Bob Geldof, so I'm not sure that congratulations are in order. We're taking it now because otherwise they're going to ask us every year. It seemed the right time. We'd put out our 'best of' album, 'Stop The Clocks', and we're all under 40. So we just decided, 'F**k it, let's just do it now.' " Despite Oasis' wild reputation, Noel has warned anyone expecting him and brother Liam to bring some drunken anarchy to the ceremony this year will be left disappointed.The rocker, who is famed for his hellraising behaviour, insists they want to close the show with a blistering performance and then get drunk.
He said: "I hope people aren't waiting for us to smash the place up or something.
We're just going to play five songs, have a party and get f***ed. We haven't got anything special planned - we're not that sort of band. The organisers did say, 'Can you do a medley of your greatest hits?' But I find that slightly pretentious."Oasis have livened up many BRITs ceremonies with their outrageous antics. In 1996, a drunken Liam famously insulted the late INXS frontman Michael Hutchence on stage as he collected an award with the band, saying: "Has beens shouldn't be giving awards to gonna bes!" The group have won several BRITs during their career, including Best British Breakthrough Act in 1995 and Best British Album in 1996 for '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.
Britney Spears moves in Bikini in a nightclub
Madoona wins the Elle Style Award 2007