TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Friday, November 16, 2007
London (ANI): The widow of Italian tenor Luciano Pavarotti has received the 'Excellence in Italian Culture Prize" on the late opera singer"s behalf. Pavarotti was honoured with the award for his contribution of Italian operas shortly after his death. The newly created award by the Culture Ministry, honours the artist's work promoting Italian culture in his country and abroad.
Nicoletta Mantovani received the award on behalf of her husband in Pavarotti's hometown Modena. "Luciano knew about this prize and was very happy about it," the Daily Snack quoted her, as saying."It is nice to gather here to remember him. I'm sure Luciano is smiling at us from up above."
Pavarotti who suffered from pancreative cancer passed away on September 6. The 71-year-old tenor was considered the biggest opera star of the late 20th century, whose showmanship and powerful voice made him the most beloved tenor after Caruso and one of the few opera singers to win crossover fame as a popular star.
In his entire career span Luciano Pavarotti performed at the greatest opera houses around the world. He was also adored by pop fans for his hearty renditions of popular songs and his collaborations with singers such as Bono and Elton John.