TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
Friday, November 02, 2007
British popstar Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
Washington (ANI): British popstar Robbie Williams has been banned from performing at a Dubai racecourse, after his last concert at the venue upset the thoroughbred racehorses owned by the ruler of Dubai, Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
The singer performed at the racecourse in April 2006 for a whopping one million dollars. Dubai Racing Club chief Frank Gabriel said that the decision to ban Williams from performing at the racecourse was taken to avoid further disturbances to the horses in future.
"The concert affected the horses' state of mind and their performance," Contactmusic quoted him as saying. "That will not and must not happen ever again," he added. Dubai Racing Club is famous for hosting the world"s richest series of horse races, the annual Dubai World Cup.