TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Supreme Court: Sabrimala Order To Continue
- Royal Enfield 650cc Models To Launch In India Today
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Broke Down At Her Mehendi Ceremony
- ATP Finals: Federer Is Back On Track
- Best Phones With Dual-Rear Cameras To Buy In India Under Rs 10,000
- Value Stocks To Buy Under Rs 50
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
Friday, March 02, 2007
Robbie Williams will 'win' Worst Album at the Shockwaves NME Awards tonight. The troubled singer is set to be awarded the unwanted 'prize', voted for by the readers of the British music magazine, for his widely-panned LP 'Rudebox'. NME editor Conor McNicholas said: "Readers have been clamouring to elect Robbie's 'Rudebox' as their Worst Album. He's not having a good time of it." The humiliating accolade comes after Robbie failed to take home any awards at last month's BRITs.
In contrast, his reunited former band Take That topped off a successful comeback year by winning the British Single prize for their hit 'Patience' at the ceremony. Robbie's bitter rival Oasis were also honoured with the prestigious Outstanding Contribution To Music award. Robbie is currently undergoing treatment for his prescription drug addiction in Arizona's Meadows rehab centre.