TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election Results 2018 Updates: The Numbers At This Hour And Its Still Not Final
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition India Launch — Catch The Live Stream Here
- Markets Trade Higher Post State Election Results
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- Sonakshi Sinha's Red Dress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Geri Halliwell bought her Spice Girl bandmates rings to thank them for letting her rejoin the group. The singer, aka Ginger Spice, quit the girl group at the height of their fame in May 1998 and went on to enjoy four U.K. number one hit singles as a solo artist.
The remaining four Spice Girls kept recording until 2000 before going on to launch solo careers, to varying degrees of success. Last week, the five-piece reunited to announce they were reforming for a one-off world tour to say a proper goodbye to their fans. Halliwell is so thrilled her bandmates have forgiven her for walking out on the band, she has bought each member a $40,000 (GBP20,000) ring.
A friend says, "It was a lovely moment. Geri pulled out a bag and handed the other girls a beautifully wrapped package. In each was a box containing a ring. "Then Geri made a speech to thank the others for forgiving her and having her back. She pulled back her sleeve and showed that she was already wearing hers. "They all shed a tear. It was the moment of reconciliation.