TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
The hit-and-run charge, which was caught on camera, was dismissed in court in October, after Spears offered a personal apology and 1,000 dollars in compensation to the vehicle's owner, Kim Robard-Rifkin, reports the New York Post. However, the 'Toxic' singer is still facing a charge of driving without a valid Californian driving licence, because she was only in possession of a permit from her native Louisiana at the time of the incident.
Spears' attorney Michael Flanagan said that the City Attorney offered her a plea deal of pleading guilty to a misdemeanor of "driving without a California driver's license: no probation, contingent on her paying the maximum fine of $3000." But the pop star has instructed Flanagan to reject the deal as "they (the authorities) are attempting to treat her differently than they would any other person who did not have a valid licence at the time." Spears has since obtained her Californian driving licence.