TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
The hit-and-run charge, which was caught on camera, was dismissed in court in October, after Spears offered a personal apology and 1,000 dollars in compensation to the vehicle's owner, Kim Robard-Rifkin, reports the New York Post. However, the 'Toxic' singer is still facing a charge of driving without a valid Californian driving licence, because she was only in possession of a permit from her native Louisiana at the time of the incident.
Spears' attorney Michael Flanagan said that the City Attorney offered her a plea deal of pleading guilty to a misdemeanor of "driving without a California driver's license: no probation, contingent on her paying the maximum fine of $3000." But the pop star has instructed Flanagan to reject the deal as "they (the authorities) are attempting to treat her differently than they would any other person who did not have a valid licence at the time." Spears has since obtained her Californian driving licence.