TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- The First Sound From Mars — A Truly Special Acoustic Experience
- Hockey World Cup 2018: India Vs Canada: Live Updates & Highlights
- 8 Apps That You Should Probably Delete From Your Smartphone
- Should You Buy The New Tata Harrier? — Check Out Its Pros And Cons
- Planning A High-Altitude Trekking? — Here's What You Should Know
- Banking Services On WhatsApp Are Catching Up
- A Woman Died Within Few Hours Of Giving Birth, But Saved 50 Lives!
- Katrina Opens Up About Attending Deepika-Ranveer's Reception
The donation was part of the Riders for Health Programme, which John funds through his Elton John Aids Foundation. "We want to improve the transport system by bringing health care to millions of people living in the most rural areas and thus making a difference in their lives," Contactmusic quoted John as telling members of the local media. Tumisang Mokoai, Health Ministry spokesman in Lesotho, said that the motorcycles would be distributed to medical centres across the country.
"The nurses and doctors will have transport to follow up patients in the villages to support community health workers. The motorcycles will be distributed to all health centres in Lesotho," he said.