TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- KCR Takes Oath As Telangana Chief Minister
- Nissan Kicks Review — KICK-starting A New Statement Among Five-Seater SUVs
- Petrol Price Increased For The First Time In Nearly Two Months
- India vs Australia, 2nd Test: Preview, Where To Watch, Timing, Squads & More
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Patiala — The Princely State Of Punjab
- Inside Pics From Isha's Wedding: Ash-Aaradhya Pose For A Pic
- She Sits In The Lake For The Entire Day — Here's Why!
The pop princess and her family has transformed the 100ha of prime real estate on private French Island in Western Port Bay, into a luxury getaway, suiting their needs. The property, where Kylie and ex-beau Oliver Martinez found safe haven after her cancer treatment three years ago, is now listed for sale by tender through agent Hocking Stuart, costing a whopping 1.8-2 million dollars range.
According to insiders, 3 years ago, the Minogues paid 400,000 dollars for the property, named Beauciel, French for Beautiful Sky. Besides, the couple also spent at least 1 million dollars transforming it into a French-style luxury retreat. However the decision to sell came as a shock to the island's 80 permanent residents, who seemed to love their star neighbours.
The lavish property flaunts 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a big country kitchen, a restored chicory kiln and sweeping bay views. According to local tour operator Rod Johnston, the farmhouse provided some stunning views of the countryside. "It's on a high point and they would be able to see the water through 180 degrees. I get bus loads of people, and all they want to know about is Kylie," news.com.au quoted him, as saying.
Several environmentally friendly innovations have been made by the Minogues, that included installing solar and wind power. The retreat has an organic fruit and vegetable garden and is home to rare species of birds and a large koala population. Meanwhile, expressions of interest for the Minogue property will close on March 28.