TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
A judge will rule on the settlement Mar 18, but the two sides have had the details to pore over since Thursday Mar 13. Heather, who is 40-years-old, is "deeply dismayed" by the judgement. "She is not at all happy. She expected to get more money than 25million pounds otherwise she could have settled months ago. But it's not really about the money. She is more upset about who will care for Beatrice if both she and Paul died," the Daily Mirror quoted a close friend as saying.
"They both want different people to look after Bea and it appears Paul has got his way. Heather is considering carefully the pros and cons of taking it to the Court of Appeal," the friend stated. "She knows it is the last thing Paul would want but she is also aware it would mean months more of legal wrangling and she has to decide if she is up to that or whether to draw a line and walk away," the friend added.
A custodian has been chosen for Beatrice, should both parents die before her 18th birthday. However the identity of the person will not be divulged, with respect to the families' wishes. Further, Mr Justice Bennett will give a written judgement on the two-year divorce battle at London's High Court on Mar 18, where he awarded Heather around 25million pounds of Sir Paul's 825million pounds fortune.
"If Heather took the custody issue to the Court of Appeal it would remain private. But if she decides to appeal on the financial settlement it would be heard in public," divorce expert Vanessa Lloyd Platt said.
Last year, 65-year-old, Macca raised his original 3million pounds offer to 25million pounds after a judge's recommendation. Heather's law team advised her to accept but she sacked them and went for more, representing herself.