TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 Pro Officially Launched With Kirin 980 SoC
- The Beachside Town Of Vatakara In Kerala And Its Beautiful Attractions
- Malnutrition In Children And Adults: Causes, Effects And Prevention
- Smita Patil's 65th Birth Anniversary: The Cinema Goddess Who Dazzled Like No Other!
- Isuzu MU-X Facelift Launched In India; Prices Start Rs 26.26 Lakh
- Sindhu Makes Shocking First Round Exit From Denmark Open; Saina Through
- BARC Recruitment 2018: Join Diploma In Radiological Physics And Become A Medical Physicist
She will soon be given a plot of land in the exclusive Apes Hill area of St James parish as a gratification by the govt. Recently, the pop star was also given the sexiest female musician title by lingerie company Victoria's Secret.
R and B singer Rihanna surely has a heart of gold, for the singer immediately stepped forward to help after learning that a leukemia-stricken NYC mom of two was in desperate need of a marrow transplant. Though, the 20-year-old singer had a busy last week, she went out of her way to help the lady-in-need. 'When I heard about Lisa [Gershowitz Flynn]'s plight, my heart brokeI said, 'I need to get the word out about Lisa right away," People quoted Rihanna, as saying.
The singer is working with DKMS, the world's largest non-profit marrow donor center to help raise awareness for the need for people to come forward to become donors. "I think DKMS is an incredible charity because you can really see the results. My own charity, Believe, works specifically with children in need [and with children with leukemia]," she said.
"Children need their mothers more than anything else in the world. Lisa has two children. My charity will continue to work with DKMS, because in finding a way to save Lisa's life, we will in turn be saving her children's lives," she added. Meanwhile, Flynn, is gob-smacked that the pop star is taking time out to try to find a donor match for her and many others who may die if they don't get one.
"For Rihanna to even be thinking about helping others and putting herself out there when she is so busy with her career is tremendous," said Flynn. The 41-year-old mother of Michael, 5, and Alexandra, 3, learned she has an aggressive form of cancer called Acute Myelogenous Leukemia the day after Thanksgiving. Doctors told her she has four to six weeks to find a life-saving donor match.