TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Assembly Election Results 2018 — Catch All The LIVE Updates Here
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- 8 Factors That Are Weighing On The Indian Economy Today
- Airtel Likely To Launch VoLTE Smartphones Under Rs. 2,500
- Nissan Kicks Interiors Revealed
- Virushka's First Wedding Anniversary: Virat Has This To Say!
- Gauri Khan's Floral Lehenga
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
London (ANI): Rapper Speech Debelle, whose real name is Corynne Elliot, emerged as the dark horse to win the prestigious Barclaycard Mercury Prize at the award ceremony held at London's Grosvenor House Hotel on September 8. Debelle's album Speech Therapy has only sold 3,000 copies, which makes it the lowest selling album ever to have won the prize.
However, the 26-year-old was confident of winning the award and expressed no surprises. "I should have won it because my album was the best album of the year. This is pure niceness," The Sun quoted her, as saying. As the rapper set out to party and celebrate her 20,000-pound prize, she said: "I'm not going to know where I live later on."
The Barclaycard Mercury Prize is a annual prize given for the best album of the year from the UK or Ireland.