TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- India’s Crorepatis Have Increased By 60 Per Cent: CBDT
- How To Avail 20% Discount On iPhone XR Purchase
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- Homemade Aloe Vera Moisturiser For Oily Skin
- Radhika On #MeToo: I Love That This Movement Has Come Here!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Deodhar Trophy: Chance For Ashwin, Rahane, Raina And Karthik To Remain In ODI Reckoning
- Rupee In Trouble With Year-end Forecast At 76.50 Per US Dollar
After lots of speculations, comedian Ellen DeGeneres, who admittedly has no formal music experience just a passion for tunes, is filling the fourth judge's seat on the upcoming ninth season of 'American Idol'. The talk show host will join Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi for the 9th season. Ellen's arrival on the show seals the departure of Paula Abdul, the original third judge.
DeGeneres told her talk show audience that she had been dying to tell everyone and would not abandon her chatfest. Instead, she will have a day job and a night job. "Hopefully, I'm the people's point of view because I'm just like you. I sit at home and I watch it, and I don't have that technical. I'm not looking at it in a critical way from the producer's mind. I'm looking at it as a person who is going to buy the music and is going to relate to that person," Associated Press reports her saying it on her show.
"Beyond her incredible sense of humor and love of music, she brings with her an immense warmth and compassion that is almost palpable. She is one of America's foremost entertainers, and we cannot wait to have her join our team," Associated Press quotes a statement of Idol executive producer and FremantleMedia North America CEO Cecile Frot-Coutaz.
However, the talk show host has served as a guest judge earlier this summer on "So You Think You Can Dance". In 2007, she was the co-host of "Idol Gives Back." DeGeneres has enjoyed a successful reign as the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" for the past six years.
Earlier, the Hollywood rumour mills were busy producing speculation about guest judges on American Idol. The names of Victoria Beckham, Mary J. Blige, Joe Jonas, Neil Patrick Harris, Katy Perry and Shania Twain were heard for the same. But nothing was reported about the 51-year-old DeGeneres.