TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 Will Not Feature An In-display Fingerprint Sensor
- Sisupalgarh Near Bhubaneswar – The Fort Built Before The Common Era
- How To Give Your Bedroom A Makeover
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Storms Out When Asked About #MeToo; Leaves Everyone Shocked With Her Action
- Mahindra Marazzo Receives 10,000 Bookings Within A Month — Waiting Period Now Six Weeks
- India Vs West Indies: Probable India XI For 1st ODI In Guwahati
- Gold Demand Weakens Amid Festivities As Prices Hit Over 2-Year High
London (ANI): Veteran guitarist Eric Clapton had to cancel his performance at this week's Rock and Roll Hall concert extravaganza in New York to undergo surgery to have gallstones removed. The guitarist was scheduled to perform at Madison Square Garden on Friday, the second of a two-night celebration of the hall''s 25th anniversary.
Clapton, 64, "will spend time recuperating at home in the UK and is very sorry to disappoint the fans and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame," the Telegraph quoted a statement released by his publicist as saying. The statement further added that there wouldn"t be any change in his tour itinerary otherwise.
Other artists who are scheduled to perform at the event include U2, Aretha Franklin, Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne and Annie Lennox. The concert is not related to the annual Hall of Fame induction, which takes place in New York next March.