London (ANI): Popstar michael jackson will reportedly undergo surgery on his skin cancer to clear his flesh of potentially lethal growths. The King of Pop had been reported having spots of the disease on his upper body and pre-cancerous cells on his face.
But his spokesman dismissed the claims, insisting the singer, who was due to perform his 150-million pound comeback shows in London beginning from July 8, is in 'perfect health'. And now, recent reports suggest the 50-year-old will have a painful skin-shaving operation to remove layers on his chest and nose.
The news comes just hours after it was announced that his first four concerts at the O2 arena had been postponed. But organisers of the star's 50 gigs denied any link between the two stumbling blocks. "The date change has nothing to do with his health. The truth is the show has grown in scope and complexity and size," the Sun quoted Randy Phillips, head of concert promoters AEG Live, as saying.
Meanwhile, the postponed shows have left fans fuming. Sarah Ketterer, who booked two 100-pound seats for July 10, said: "michael jackson has let down thousands of fans." Telecoms analyst Ben Wood, said: "I'm incensed. I'm not interested any more."