TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
London (ANI): Rapper Jay-Z has rubbished all criticism of hip-hop by well-known African-Americans who believe the genre degrades their ethnicity. The superstar said the protests were only for "publicity purposes".
Hip-hop recently generated a lot of disapproval from prominent black celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Cosby, who say it is misogynistic and frequent uses the racial N-word. An annoyed Cosby even went on to pull off a hip-hop album that was "without the profanity, misogyny, violence and braggadocio".
However Jay-Z thinks otherwise. The hitmaker says rap portrays important issues in its own style. The Daily Express quoted him as saying: "Put it like this; everything is birthed from somewhere real, right? These emotions and this anger and this angst in reality rap is coming from a real place."
"People in those circles try to dismiss it, buy you can't because it's part of culture. They only attack hip-hop because, and I hate to sound like a cynic, but this is all done for publicity purposes, right? You don't attack the real issue - you attack the thing that's popular."