TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Worst Passwords Of 2018 Revealed — ‘donald’ Is Among The Top 25
- PUBG Mobile To Receive Vikendi Snow Map — Game under development
- KTM 500cc Bike For India Officially Confirmed — Bajaj To Make The Twin-Cylinder KTM In India
- Flashback 2018 — The Top Playmakers From Cricket
- Star Screen Awards 2018 — Check Out The Winners List
- Value Stocks To Buy For 2019
- 15 Simple Ways In Which You Can Prevent Hair Breakage Naturally
- Kashmir: The Mise-en-Scène Of Bollywood
Jerusalem, (ANI): Madonna tagged Israel as the "energy capital of the world" as she won hearts of 50,000 fans with her performance in Tel Aviv. The Queen of Pop, who last took to the Israeli stage in 1993, arrived in the country for two concerts as part of her 'Sticky and Sweet' world tour.
"It's been 16 years since I played in Israel. I'm sorry about that, I shouldn't have stayed away so long," the Jerusalem Post quoted her as saying during the show on September 1. She continued: "Israel is the energy capital of the world. If we can live together in harmony in this place, we can live in peace all over the world."
The singer paraded with an Israeli flag during the gig and went on to stun all with choreography, props and elaborate visuals. Madonna was said to share a special bond with the Jewish state as a devout follower of Jewish mysticism Kabbalah.
The megastar has apparently taken on a Hebrew name, Esther, and has made private pilgrimages in 2004 and 2007. She recently visited the Western Wall during her stay and dined with Israeli Opposition Leader Tzipi Livni. The entertainer will wrap up her tour with a final concert at Hayarkon Park on September 2.