TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Cannon"s career got a major boost when he was named a replacement for Jerry Springer, presenting Simon Cowell's hit TV show. And Carey then followed her hubby by appearing on the show in August this year to perform her latest single 'Obsessed". Since then, rumours are rife that Cannon was handed the host's job only with a stipulation that Carey appeared on the show.
However, the 26-year-old star has claimed that the gossip is untrue, saying that he was hired on his own merit.
"I"ve heard all the rumours that in order for me to get the job Mariah had to say she"d come perform. Like she helped me get the job. I"ve heard all of those rumours but none of that stuff is true," Contactmusic quoted him as telling Zap2It.
He added: "What actually happened is she had a hit single out and we got the number one show on TV so it"s the only destination for someone to perform in front of that big of an audience during the summer. She"s a huge fan of the show."
However, Cannon has confessed that he was the one who facilitated the deal for Carey to appear on the show. "They were looking for people and I kinda came up with the idea originally to debut her video on NBC and once that relationship got together, they were like, 'Do you think she would come perform?' and I was like, 'Why not? Let"s figure it out!'" he added.