London, (ANI): The promoters of the two Michael Jackson tribute concerts at O2 arena have reportedly been unable to secure artists which has led to the cancellation of the shows. The London event was scheduled for August 29 and 30 but has been called off after organisers AEG Live ran out of time to finalise deals with performers including Justin Timberlake and Leona Lewis.
Also Stevie Wonder, Lionel Ritchie and members of Jackson's family, such as his sister Janet and brother Jermaine were expected to perform. But the concerts may be hosted next year. "If they ever happen, it will not be until next year. We didn't want to rush out something that was sub-standard - we would rather wait until we have got the best possible people," Times Online quoted a source associated with the event as saying.
Randy Phillips, chief executive of AEG Live, had said last month that the concert would include a grand performance of Jackson's stage show, 'This Is It,' even in the singer's absence. He had said: "The No 1 item I am discussing is presenting This Is It the production - hopefully with the Jacksons and maybe Janet and other artists. What we are thinking about is one massive tribute that is broadcast around the globe."