- Aretha Franklin Passes Away At 76: World Mourns The Death Of Queen Of Soul
- When Christina Aguilera tumbled onstage at Grammys
- Aretha Franklin feeling great post-surgery
- Cancer-stricken Aretha Franklin to die in a year?
- Aretha Franklin diagnosed with pancreatic cancer
- Aretha Franklin accused of owing tax officials £7,300
New York, (ANI): Amid reports that Aretha Franklin is suffering from pancreatic cancer, a relative has said that the singer was 'doing better than doctors expected" and would be released from the hospital shortly.“Franklin has a long life in front of her and will be back in concert, on stage, late spring or early summer," the New York Daily News quoted Franklin's cousin, Brenda Corbett, as telling the Detroit Free Press.
Rev. Jesse Jackson, who visited Franklin in the hospital days after her surgery, said that she was 'recovering" and in high spirits. The Hall of Fame singer had announced in November that she was cancelling all her concerts and personal appearances and was taking a six-month break on the orders of her doctors.
Last week, the 68-year-old underwent a surgery - further details of which she never revealed. “The surgery was highly successful," she said in a statement the day after. “God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country. God bless you all for your prayers!" she added.
Soon after her surgery, however, it has emerged that the legendary singer was battling incurable pancreatic cancer. Reports claim doctors made the diagnosis after she broke her ribs in a shower fall over the summer.