TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- "If 10 Parties Gang Up Against One, Imagine Who's Stronger?" — Rajinikanth
- OnePlus 7 Concept Render: Triple-Camera With In-display Selfie
- KTM 390 Adventure India-Launch Details Still Unclear — EICMA 2018 Disappoints Fans
- Deepika Padukone & Ranveer Singh Wedding: This Video From Lake Como Is Breathtaking
- This Is How You Should Financially Plan For A Vacation
- Morning Habits Of Highly Successful People
- All About Kanwar Lake Bird Sanctuary
- NZ Trip Is Good For Test Regulars, Says Rahul Dravid
New York, (ANI): Amid reports that Aretha Franklin is suffering from pancreatic cancer, a relative has said that the singer was 'doing better than doctors expected" and would be released from the hospital shortly.“Franklin has a long life in front of her and will be back in concert, on stage, late spring or early summer," the New York Daily News quoted Franklin's cousin, Brenda Corbett, as telling the Detroit Free Press.
Rev. Jesse Jackson, who visited Franklin in the hospital days after her surgery, said that she was 'recovering" and in high spirits. The Hall of Fame singer had announced in November that she was cancelling all her concerts and personal appearances and was taking a six-month break on the orders of her doctors.
Last week, the 68-year-old underwent a surgery - further details of which she never revealed. “The surgery was highly successful," she said in a statement the day after. “God is still in control. I had superb doctors and nurses whom were blessed by all the prayers of the city and the country. God bless you all for your prayers!" she added.
Soon after her surgery, however, it has emerged that the legendary singer was battling incurable pancreatic cancer. Reports claim doctors made the diagnosis after she broke her ribs in a shower fall over the summer.