TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- BJP Is A History Changer, Name Changer, But Not A Game Changer — Mamata Banerjee
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Best Smartphones With 4000mAh And 5000mAh Battery Under Rs 10,000
- Deepika Padukone Invites Katrina And Ranbir To Her Wedding Reception
- Unbelievable Mysterious Stones Found On Earth
- A Beginners Guide On How To Invest In Mutual Funds In India
- Do You Know About This Hidden Hill Fort In Uttar Pradesh?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
Washington, (ANI): Aretha Franklin, who is recovering from her recent surgery, says she's up and about – and feeling better, too. "I feel great," People Magazine quoted her as telling JET in a new interview, adding that doctors want her to recuperate for eight weeks.
"The doctors say I can do whatever I feel like I am up to do. Of course, that doesn't mean any concerts or anything like that. But I can do things around the house, and today I am just piddling around the house," the 68- year-old said.
The singer still has not revealed the nature of her ailment, though she's been reported to have pancreatic cancer. However, she promises to speak out on what's ailing her soon.
"I am putting Aretha together first. I will talk more later," she said. Franklin says she's received support from Stevie Wonder, Oprah Winfrey, Rev. Jesse Jackson, Patti LaBelle and Smokey Robinson, among other well-known names, and plenty of less recognizable ones, while recovering.
"I might not remember everyone's name right this moment but, please, I want them to know I appreciate their prayers," she said. Add to those the prayers of her family, too, including family friend Willie Wilkerson, her sons, her niece Sabrina and her cousin Brenda.
"My family has been with me every step of the way. I couldn't have done it without them, that's for sure," she added. Since returning home from the hospital, the soul legend reveals that she''s been reading, catching up on faxes and relaxing.
"I also might make one or two business calls. Not too much, just a teeny bit … God has given me the greatest gift already for the holidays. I am so grateful," she said.