- Aretha Franklin Passes Away At 76: World Mourns The Death Of Queen Of Soul
- When Christina Aguilera tumbled onstage at Grammys
- Aretha Franklin feeling great post-surgery
- Aretha Franklin doing better than doctors expected
- Cancer-stricken Aretha Franklin to die in a year?
- Aretha Franklin accused of owing tax officials £7,300
London, (ANI): 'The Queen of Soul" Aretha Franklin has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.
The American singer, 68, who is best known for her signature 1967 song “Respect", is recovering from surgery to treat pancreatic cancer, according to local media in her home city of Detroit, Michigan. She announced last week that she was canceling all her concerts until May on the advice of her doctor, but did not disclose the cause of her illness.
Rev Jesse Jackson, a long-time friend, said that Franklin was recovering very well and was in high spirits. "She's conscious, communicating and taking daily walks up and down the hall," the Telegraph quoted Jesse Jackson as saying.