TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
London (ANI): Greek singer Nana Mouskouri is offering the country her pension she gets as a former member of the European parliament in a bid to tackle its massive debt. Mouskouri, who recorded 1,500 songs during a career spanning half a century, served as a member of the European parliament for five years in the 1990s.
And she draws a pension of around 14,700 pounds from Brussels each year. The diva said that she would donate her pension "until the country emerges from the economic crisis." Mouskouri told the Eleftherotypia daily newspaper that she was upset by the way Greece had been portrayed around the world. "I do not want Greece to be treated like a cancer," the Telegraph quoted her as saying.