TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- PM Modi Attends Swearing-In Ceremony Of Maldives New President, Ibrahim Mohamed Solih
- Free OnePlus 6T On Upcoming Black Friday Sale — Here's How
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Salman Khan's Bharat Movie, Hoists Pakistani Flag In Indian Soil; Locals Upset
- The Health Wonders of Arugula: The Mediterranean Wonder Plant
- Did You Know That Cashback On Shopping Is Taxable?
- Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand
- Lakshya Sen Enters Semifinals Of World Junior Badminton Championship
Tuesday, November 21, 2006
After a gap of many years, in the history of Tamil cinema, it's the first time 2 films with the same frontline hero are to be released on the same date.
'Veyil' is produced by Shankar and directed by Vasanthabalan. 'Chennai Kaadhal' is produced by Kalaipuli Thanu and directed by Vikraman. Both films feature Bharath as hero. Both films were scheduled to be released on Nov 24th.
There is a restriction in Tamil Producers Association that two films featuring a popular actor cannot be released on the same day. Shankar requested for the release of Thanu's 'Chennai Kaadhal' to be postponed. Accordingly, its release date was finalized as Dec 8. But after further confusion arose, the issue has again gone to Producers Association for sorting out.
Thanu had already accepted for the Dec 8 release of 'Chennai Kadhal,' but Shankar's company now wanted 'Veyil' release to be re-scheduled for Dec 8. Thanu had agreed to postpone his film release already, so he remained firm about 'Chennai Kaadhal' being released on Dec 8. Now the Producers Association has agreed to both films being released on Dec 8.
Earlier, 2 films featuring the same actor like 'Iruvar Ullam' - 'Ooty Varai Uravu', 'Swargam' - 'Engirundho Vandhaal' have been released on the same date. After a gap of many years, this is the first time 2 films featuring the same hero is being released.
Chennai Khadal Stills
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Simbu, Nayantara celebrate breakup
Sivaji release date changed