TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- This Is How Rahul Gandhi Reacted When Asked About The Farm Loans Waiver
- IPL Auction 2019 — Live Updates
- Lambretta Scooter India-Launch Details Out — To Be Fully Electric, Yet Classy
- NDCP To Offer 4 Million Jobs To Indians In Telecom Sector — Manoj Sinha
- Rupee Moves Higher As Dollar Weakens Before Fed Outcome On Dec 19
- Deepika Opens Up About Ranbir Skipping Her Wedding Reception
- Jalandhar: The City Of Rich Cultural Heritage
- Mum Shares Heartbreaking Pictures Of Baby After Dog Attack
Friday, December 08, 2006
Cheran has insulted some and has been insulted by some!
Indian cinema means Hindi cinema think north Indians as well as the Indian govt. This has happened at the Goa Film Festival too. At the press meet of Aadum Koothu, Cheran and director TV Chandran gave vent to their frustrations.
At the press meet, Cheran had spoken in Tamil and some Hindi people told him not to speak in Tamil. In response he said if they spoke in Hindi, he would definitely speak only in Tamil.
Usually, the director of a film is given a bouquet before his film is screened, but this did not happen when Cheran's Thavamaai Thavamirundhu was screened. So, Chennai's film institute students and viewers from south India entered the projector room and did not allow projection of the film. Only after that was a bouquet given to Cheran. Cheran rejected it and took only the bouquet presented by the film institute students.
Cheran was thus insulted at Goa on one hand. On the other, the organisers of the Chennai International Film festival have approached Cheran for permission to screen his film. Despite repeated calls, Cheran did not respond. When someone asked him if his film would be screened at Chennai festival, he told the person brazenly that no one had approached him!
Hearing of this, the Chennai organisers were rather shocked.
In Goa, Cheran showed some self respect. But in Chennai he shows disrespect!