TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 Everything You Need To Know: 10 GB RAM, 5G Support And More
- Places That Will Drive You To Explore The Beauty Of Kilimanoor In Kerala
- Method Of Performing Ayudha Pooja
- Raj Thackeray Reacts To Tanushree Dutta's Allegations: Nana Is Indecent, But Can't Do Such A Thing
- BMW Unveils Their All-New X7 SUV — The First Seven-Seater BMW In History
- Danish Kaneria Admits Guilt After Six Years Of Denial In Essex Fixing Case
- Top 10 Unique Engineering Courses You Can Pursue
Friday, December 08, 2006
Cheran has insulted some and has been insulted by some!
Indian cinema means Hindi cinema think north Indians as well as the Indian govt. This has happened at the Goa Film Festival too. At the press meet of Aadum Koothu, Cheran and director TV Chandran gave vent to their frustrations.
At the press meet, Cheran had spoken in Tamil and some Hindi people told him not to speak in Tamil. In response he said if they spoke in Hindi, he would definitely speak only in Tamil.
Usually, the director of a film is given a bouquet before his film is screened, but this did not happen when Cheran's Thavamaai Thavamirundhu was screened. So, Chennai's film institute students and viewers from south India entered the projector room and did not allow projection of the film. Only after that was a bouquet given to Cheran. Cheran rejected it and took only the bouquet presented by the film institute students.
Cheran was thus insulted at Goa on one hand. On the other, the organisers of the Chennai International Film festival have approached Cheran for permission to screen his film. Despite repeated calls, Cheran did not respond. When someone asked him if his film would be screened at Chennai festival, he told the person brazenly that no one had approached him!
Hearing of this, the Chennai organisers were rather shocked.
In Goa, Cheran showed some self respect. But in Chennai he shows disrespect!