TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New Record — IAF Airlifts 463 Tonnes In Just 6 Hours, In Ladakh
- IPL Auction 2019 — Everything You Need To Know
- Citibank Offers 71 litres Of Diesel/ Petrol Per Year, In A Tie-Up With Indian Oil
- Most Searched Cars In India 2018 — Here's The Full List
- Flipkart Christmas Discount — Samsung And Nokia Smartphones Get Huge Price Cuts
- Manikarnika Trailer — Kangana Impresses As Rani Laxmibai!
- Secunderabad — Get Transported To A World Of Nostalgia
- Deepika Padukone Or Kriti Kharbanda — Who Looked More Fabulous In This Saree?
Monday, May 08, 2006
Thiruvananthapuram (UNI): Prasar Bharti will start a new 24 hour Malayalam radio channel from May end, its CEO K S Sarma said today. Inaugurating the Thiruvananthapuram branch office, Prasar Bharti's marketing division, the eighth in the country, he said the new channel would be broadcast through Direct To Home (DTH) service.
Besides usual programmes, people throughout the country would be able to listen to music, drama and features on the new channel. Prasar Bharati would make special effort to translate good content from Malayalam classics to other languauges and broadcast it through its national channel, to show the nation what Kerala culture is.
He said with Prasar Bharti opening marketing divisions in various cities, it was providing single window service to customers to book advertisements on AIR and Doordarshan channels from anywhere in India. Aslo Present at the function were MP Panniyan Ravindran, District Collector N Ayyappan and N G Srinivasa, DDF(S)-Doordarshan and Maketing..