TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
Thursday, November 30, 2006
There was no star hotel or top stars or any opulence for the function. Senior musicians were given honorary purses on the occasion and this gave a meaning to the function.
Hari Ramakrishna produces Mudhal Kanave for Lakshmi Creations.' Vikrant is the hero and C Balamurugan is the director. Music is by Srikant Deva. The audio release took place at Four Frames theatre yesterday. The chief guest was maestro MS Viswanathan.
Before the start of the function, MSV fell at the feet of an elder for his blessings. Since MSV himself is a senior musician, people looked on in astonishment. The elderly gentleman was composer Dakshinamoorthy. Wanting to celebrate the audio release in a meaningful way, the producer decided to give purses to senior, retired musicians. So, many musicians including Dakshinamoorthy were invited to the function.
Shoba Chandrasekhar released the cassette and Poornima Bhagyaraj accepted the first copy.
"The invitation reads that I am the chief guest. I am but a servant of the arts, born to serve music. My guru is Dkashinamoorthy. That's why I prostrated before him. People should pay respects to those senior to them. Even if you consider me a great musician, I consider myself just as a servant of the arts," said MS Viswanathan.
Not only his music, but his ideals also contribute to making MSV one of music's all time greats.