TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rs 100 Coin To Be Introduced Soon — Check It Out
- New Maruti Wagon R 2019 Spy Pics — Looks Bigger And Premium Than The Current Model
- PUBG Mobile Vikendi Snow Map To Release In December
- Central Railway Recovers Whopping Rs 125 Crore From Errant Travellers
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- India vs Australia: 2nd — Aussies Ahead
- Woman Gets Engaged To A Chandelier And Gets A Tattoo Of It
- Alia Bhatt Reveals Why She Looked So Sad With Ranbir Kapoor!
Thursday, December 14, 2006
God and Periyar cannot ever get along. The breaking of the Periyar statue, followed by the burning of Rama's images in a clash of atheists vs believers has continued to Kanchi.
Yesterday, director Gnanrajasekharan, Madan Bob and the crew of Periyar turned up at the Varadarajaswamy temple at Kanchipuram at 9am itself to get things ready for the shooting. The news reached police that this was happening without police permission!
On arriving at the spot, the police learnt that the crew had received permission from the Hindu Trust but not the temple authorities, so they did not allow shooting to progress.
Since grant for making the Periyar film came from the govt, Gnanrajasekharan with the leaders of the DMK and PMK and communist parties, met the Collector. As the shooting was to be done only around the temple tank and not inside the temple itself, the Collector gave permission.
The police who came to stop shooting were now in charge of giving protection for the shooting! Periyar seems to have won again!