TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Samsung Might Put A 6.6-Inch Display On The Galaxy Note 10
- Off-Beat Places That Make Nagaland A Unique State
- ‘Lion-Faced’ Man Underwent Transformation After Life-Changing Surgery
- #MeToo: Kangana Ranaut Slams Karan Johar — "He Always Has Views About Gym Looks, What About This?"
- KTM 125 Duke To Be Introduced In India Very Soon
Friday, December 08, 2006
Nila can be said to personify problems. After her performance in her first film, it is a wonder that she got chances to act in a series of films like Lee, Killadi and Maruda malai. What is even more surprising is that she put a case against a leading Telugu producer and stopped the release of the film.
One could never forget Nila's tantrums demanding mineral water for bathing during the film Jambavan. After the confrontation with the Jambavan unit, she coolly went to Hyderabad and acted in the film Satyam sivam, sundaram. The film is now completed.
The producer Srinivas Raju had agreed for Rs.18 lakhs as a salary for Nila for the film Satyam sivam sundaram. But settlement was done only for the part amount. After completion, she was given a cheque for Rs.9 lakhs. But that also bounced for lack of funds.
Believing that she may not get the money once the film got released, she preferred a case against Srinivas Raju in the Hyderabad court requesting the film be stopped from release.
The judge passed an order stopping release of the film from release till 12th of this month. Therefore the film originally slated for release tomorrow got postponed.
Filing a case against a popular producer in the Telugu cinema and stopping the release of the film have created a storm among the producers there.
No direct action can be taken against Nila, as there is enough justification on her side. Therefore Telugu producers have spread the word for banning Nila from acting in Telugu films.
No one can rattle Nila!