TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
Monday, March 27, 2006
Chennai (UNI): Tamil film "Ram" directed by Ameer is competing for the prestigious Golden Aphrodite Award for the best film at Cyprus International Film Festival which began today. "Ram" is the second Tamil film after the legendary Sivaji Ganesan starrer, "Veerapandiya Kattabomman" was selected in 1960 for screening at the awards category of an international film festival. Over 130 films from 40 countries will be screened at the Cyprus film festival. Among them, only 11, including two from Asia, have been selected for the category.
The films from Asia include, "Ram" and a Chinese film "A Dum Girl In a Snowcapped Mountain". "Ram" has won critical appreciation from the media and was also screened in the Indian Panorama section of the Indian International Film Festival in Goa last year. Ameer is already in Cyprus and "Ram" would be screened on all three days of the festival.