TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja Updates: Destruction Continues; Death Toll Rises
- Samsung Begins Rolling Out Android Pie Beta Update For The Galaxy S9 & S9+
- Jawa Vs Royal Enfield — A Brief Comparison
- Do You Know Deepika Padukone's Wedding Ring's Cost?
- Absence Of Hardik Pandya Will Hurt India: Michael Hussey
- Have You Heard Of This Disgusting Food Museum In Sweden?
- Types Of Insurance Cover That Everyone Should Have
- Most Beautiful Winter Destinations In Uttarakhand To Visit In 2018
Cinematographer Santosh Sivan is making a film once again. This time, it's an English film, set in historical times in Kerala. Santosh Sivan is a Malayali, but he learnt his art in Tamilnadu. His films 'Dalapathi' 'Roja' and 'Iruvar' brought him fame in Bollywood. 'Malli' and 'Terrorist' that he directed won national recognition. Having carved a niche for himself in Indian cinema, he is now concentrating on making a film about the history of his homeland.
One of his recent efforts is 'Ananthabadram' in which Santosh Sivan has played upon the unique culture of Kerala, especially its black magic and occult background.His forthcoming film 'Kerala' also is about the Malayali way of life. The best way in which to reach nationally and globally is to make the film in English and that's why Santosh Sivan opted to make 'Kerala' in English.
Nandita Das and Rahul Bose play the lead roles. "I am very eager to act in a film like 'Kerala' which is about the culture and history of the place," says Nandita who has taken a long hiatus from films. There's nothing like a Malayali to uphold his land's tradition. It's a pity that we don't have anyone in Tamilnadu to do the same.
Ajiths Eunuch Role
Reema's new hero