TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- How To Bring Desktop Gadgets To Windows 10
- This Dussehra Witness The World's Tallest Effigy Of Ravana In Haryana
- Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Happy Birthday Sunny Deol: Knowing The Man Beyond 'Dhai Kilo Ka Haath'!
- MG Motor To Launch Pure-Electric SUV In India By 2020
- Kidambi Srikanth Stuns Lin Dan To Enter Denmark Open Quarterfinals
- BECIL Recruitment 2018 For 33 Technicians
Monday, December 04, 2006
It is difficult to understand Sathyaraj. On one hand he does lech roles; on the other he portrays great personalities like Periyar. Even as he's acting now in Periyar, Sathyaraj speaks about his desire to act in Rathakanneer remake.
The fashion to remake old hits has entered Kollywood also and the films in line are Gemini Ganesan's Naan Avanillai and Rajini's Billa and Murattukaalai. Another film to join this list could be MR Radha's Rathakanneer.
If the film is to be remade, Sathyaraj wants to do MR Radha's role as a leper. In popular MGR films, Nambiar was portrayed as a villain and triumph of good over evil was conveyed to the masses. However, MR Radha himself played negative roles like in Rathakanneer.
It is doubtful if any Tamil hero would come forward to do such a role. But Sathyaraj is not bothered about any image and such roles are like halwa to him.
If Rathakanneer is remade, it would be an important film for today's environment.