TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Chennai (UNI): Adding a touch of glamour to the ruling AIADMK's campaign for the ensuing Assembly elections, actor Simran made her debut on political stage and solicited votes for the 'two leaves' symbol. In her brief maiden speech at Tondiarpet here, last night she said ''In Amma's (Jayalalithaa) regime, there is no water problem.
Roads are good and rowdyism has been curbed. Please vote for two leaves.'' Simran, a Punjabi by birth, who caught the imagination of Tamil audience with her glamour and supple dance movements, sprang a surprise recently when she called on AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa and pledged her support to the party. The actor, who was on sabbatical after marriage and maternity, would be criss-crossing the state' mobilising support for AIADMK candidates. Joining the bandwagon were actors Vindhiya and Kovai Sarala, who also listed out the various achievements of Ms Jayalalithaa and appealed to the electorate to vote for the AIADMK.