TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Election results 2018 Updates: Congress Workers Gather Outside T S Singh Deo's Residence In Raipur
- Diesel Now Sells At Its Lowest Price
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Live Updates
- Honor Day Sale 13th to 16th December: Heavy Discounts On Smartphones
- Yamaha Adventure Bike In India: Spy Pics Of Yamaha XTZ 125 Raise Expectations
- Here's Why You Should Celebrate Christimas The 'Pondicherry Way'
- Dia Mirza Looks Drop-dead Gorgeous In Her Golden Attire At Isha Ambani’s Reception
- Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas To Go To Switzerland For Their Honeymoon?
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Puducherry (UNI): BJP, Hindu Munnani and RSS volunteers today objected to the shooting of Tamil actor and politician Vijaykant's new film Sabari at the Vedapureeswarar temple here forcing the suspension of the shooting. Vijaykant, the founder-president of DMDK party had scheduled to shoot most of the film in Puducherry. The shooting also took place at the temple before Deepavali festival. However, when the shooting resumed today, the volunteers gathered at the location and shouted slogans against filming inside the temple. They claimed that it would spoil the sanctity of the temple besides causing hardship to the devotees.
Mr Vijaykant, however, left the place immediately after the shooting was suspended. The film's crew told newspersons that they had obtained due permission from the district collector and never intended to cause any hardship to the devotees. Meanwhile, the volunteers said when they heard that the shooting was taking place inside the temple before Deepavali, they had submitted a letter to the administrative officer of the temple. As shooting was permitted again, they resorted to the protests.
Gallery : Actors, Actresses, Movies, Special Events.
Sringaram with many as surprise
Stars watch Vattaram