TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- UK Court Orders Vijay Mallya's Extradition; CBI Welcomes Decision
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- PUBG Mobile — Watch The New Live-Action Trailer
- Tata Nexon Crash Test Global NCAP — Five Stars And Officially Becomes The Safest Car In India!
- SBI, HDFC Bank Loans To Get Costlier As Lenders Increase MCLR
- Sara Ali Khan Has Inspired Us To Keep It Casual-glam For The Next Party
- To Gorkhey — A Homestay Trek In The Himalayas
- These Unseen Pics From 'NickYanka's Weddings Scream Love!
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, July 26, 2007
The South Indian Actors Association alias Nadigar Sangam categorically announced that it would impose a ban on artists who are not willing to participate in the star night planned to be held on August 11th at Singapore. The association has decided to celebrate 75 years of Tamil Cinema. The president of the association, Sarath Kumar, and the secretary Radha Ravi have made all the necessary arrangements for a event with no mishaps.
Tamil Cinema's top stars Superstar Rajinikanth and Kamal Hassan were invited personally for the event. An invitation was sent out to them too a few days ago. Invitations will also be sent to other stars like Ajith, Vijay, Trisha, Vikram and Shreya. Most of the actors and actresses who are expected have confirmed their participation barring a few who haven’t given their word. Kamal and Rajini said that they will appear onstage for a few minutes during the event.
Rajinikanth personally spoke to Sarath Kumar and confirmed his participation but many others have given various excuses to be excused from the event. After facing such a lack of response, the association has decided to ban any actor or actress who doesn't participate in the event from the association. They have put their foot down saying that they will not co-ordinate with the future films of these stars.
They have also approached other organizations like the FEFSI and the Tamil Film producers Council in the film industry to help them enforce the ban.