TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Nissan Motors Chairman & Renault CEO Carlos Ghosn Arrested For Misrepresenting Funds
- Flipkart Mobile Bonanza Offers: Heavy Discounts Available
- Deepika Padukone's Mangalsutra Gets All The Attention — Here Are The Pics
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
Friday, January 19, 2007
In giving as well as keeping it a secret, there's none to beat Ajith.
Because of the reduction in cinema ticket rates, the theatre owners came to a decision that in the name of minimum guarantee, no advance will be given to distributors. This upset the distributors who then approached the producers, asking them to reduce the area price. In reaction, the producers delved into the salary packet of the stars.
They demanded that heroes should reduce their acting fee, otherwise their films will not be released for Pongal. Vijay and Vishal did not accept that. 'Pokkiri' and 'Thamirabarani' got released anyway.
However it is reported that Ajith returned a part of his salary, that amounts to nearly 2 crores.
Ajith is indeed generosity personified!