TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, October 22, 2007
Leading heroine Shriya has been replaced by the new Kollywood sensation Parvathi Melton in Ajith starrer Akbar. Directed by Raaju Sundaram, the film is expected to hit the floors in February 2008. London Karunaas, the overseas distributor for most of the Tamil films is the producer of Akbar.
Earlier, the director had approached Shriya and it was said that the actress also accepted to allot her dates to this project. But later the whopping salary demanded by her has forced him to look for some other actress for the role. Finally Raaju and Ajith selected Parvathi Melton, the upcoming heroine in Telugu.
Just a couple of weeks ago this buxom beauty has signed for two other Tamil films including the one with Srikanth. Earlier she had missed the opportunity ofplaying against Danush (Polladavan) and Vinay (Unnale Unnale). She was also considered by ace director Baala for his much hyped Naan Kadavul, but later dropped due to her typical North Indian look.
Parvathi is born of German father and Punjabi mother and is just 18 yrs old and already has hits in Malayalam and Telugu to her credit. This trained Bharatanatyam dancer is pretty choosy about her projects and is also a part of an English film on Buddha by veteran director Shyam Benegal.