TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 confirmed to have 10GB RAM and 5G support
- Thrilling Activities To Do In Bangalore
- 7 Health Benefits Of Pineberries
- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai 20 Years Celebrations! View Pictures
- KTM 125 Duke Bookings Open In India — Launch Soon
- Top 6 Government Jobs 2018 On Oct 17
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 26, 2007
After taking on superstar Rajinikanth for his smoking habits in films, Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadass now targets Tamil film industry's Ilayathalapathy Vijay for the same. On Sunday, he has 'advised' the leading young hero to stop showing smoking scenes in his films.
According to the Minister, Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan has more smoking scenes than any other film released recently! He sarcastically commented that there was a misconception prevailing in the Industry that the films would run only if it has smoking scenes with leading actors.
"Vijay is very young actor and a large number of youth are following him. I advise him to stop showing smoking scenes in his films. I am requesting this not only as a Union Minister, but also as a Tamilian and a doctor," he said. Anbumani also mentioned that he had written to Rajinikanth a few years ago, requesting him not to smoke before the camera as it could have a bad influence on his massive fan following.
"With out any smoking scenes and cigarette gimmicks his recent two films 'Chandramukhi' and 'Sivaji - The Boss' have turned out to be huge successes, setting a record in the history of Tamil film industry. Vijay also should follow the same route of the superstar as he said as his mentor!" he said.