TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 26, 2007
After taking on superstar Rajinikanth for his smoking habits in films, Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadass now targets Tamil film industry's Ilayathalapathy Vijay for the same. On Sunday, he has 'advised' the leading young hero to stop showing smoking scenes in his films.
According to the Minister, Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan has more smoking scenes than any other film released recently! He sarcastically commented that there was a misconception prevailing in the Industry that the films would run only if it has smoking scenes with leading actors.
"Vijay is very young actor and a large number of youth are following him. I advise him to stop showing smoking scenes in his films. I am requesting this not only as a Union Minister, but also as a Tamilian and a doctor," he said. Anbumani also mentioned that he had written to Rajinikanth a few years ago, requesting him not to smoke before the camera as it could have a bad influence on his massive fan following.
"With out any smoking scenes and cigarette gimmicks his recent two films 'Chandramukhi' and 'Sivaji - The Boss' have turned out to be huge successes, setting a record in the history of Tamil film industry. Vijay also should follow the same route of the superstar as he said as his mentor!" he said.