TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Yesterday oneindia.in reported the appeal of Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadass to Vijay to stop smoking on screen. Today the actor has replied positively to the Minister.
Vijay says, "I obliged the appeal of the minister and vowed that hereafter, I will not act in any smoking scenes in my films!" "Since I played a role with negative shade in Azhagiya Tamizh Magan, I had to smoke on screen. However, I would ensure not to repeat the same again" the actor says further.
Vijay is now busy in the shooting of his next film Kuruvi held at Chennai. According to the film sources, the actor also requested the director of Kuruvi to avoid any such scenes in this film.
Soon after the actor issued his positive statement to the press, Minister Anbumani thanked the actor for accepting his request. "I welcome the reply of Vijay. It is also a healthy trend, which leads other young heroes too to the good path…" says the Minister.