TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Rafale Verdict: Centre Moves SC; Seeks Correction On References To CAG Report
- WhatsApp Android Stable Version Gets PIP Mode For Videos
- New Mahindra Thar Spy Pics Out — Almost As Big As A Toyota Innova
- India Post Enters E-Commerce Delivery Business
- India vs Australia: 2nd Test, Day 2 — Kohli And Rahane Keeps India Steady
- Exclusive Interview: Emraan Hashmi Said, "I Don't Take My Films Back Home"
- Siliguri Shopstops: A Bucket List For Shopaholics
- 20 Wonderful Benefits Of Red Spinach
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Yesterday oneindia.in reported the appeal of Union Health Minister Anbumani Ramadass to Vijay to stop smoking on screen. Today the actor has replied positively to the Minister.
Vijay says, "I obliged the appeal of the minister and vowed that hereafter, I will not act in any smoking scenes in my films!" "Since I played a role with negative shade in Azhagiya Tamizh Magan, I had to smoke on screen. However, I would ensure not to repeat the same again" the actor says further.
Vijay is now busy in the shooting of his next film Kuruvi held at Chennai. According to the film sources, the actor also requested the director of Kuruvi to avoid any such scenes in this film.
Soon after the actor issued his positive statement to the press, Minister Anbumani thanked the actor for accepting his request. "I welcome the reply of Vijay. It is also a healthy trend, which leads other young heroes too to the good path…" says the Minister.