TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- SC To Deliver Verdict On Countrywide Ban On Firecrackers Today
- OnePlus 6T Will Have A Better Low-Light Camera: Camera Sample Teased
- Here's Why Manikgad Fort Near Mumbai Should Be Your Next Destination
- This Is How You Can Include Essential Oils In Your Skin Care Routine
- Ranveer Singh-Deepika Padukone's November Wedding: Inside Details That You Just Can't Miss!
- Hero Destini 125 First Ride Review — A Cost-Effective But Premium Scooter
- Bajrang Punia Settles For Silver In World Wrestling Championships; Loses To Japanese Teen In Finals
- Deadline To File September GST Returns Extended By 5 Days
By: Settu Shankar
Monday, November 12, 2007
Vijay's ATM and Shahrukh Khan Om Shanti Om are having a headon battle at Chennai Box Office this week. Vijay's Azhagiya Tamil Magan has released in 7 screens in the City, a total seating capacity of 4120. Om Shanti Om is closing in with opening in 4 screens of seating capacity 2930. The crowd turned big for Vijay's ATM on the opening day and in the suburban areas too the film has received well by the fans. But most of them were unhappy with the end of the film and urged the actor to change the climax if possible.
Shahrukh Khans OSO too got a fantastic opening yesterday and most of the Chennai fans enjoyed the film despite them not knowing the language. Vel, the Surya starrer is in 3rd place opened in 6 screens. Reports say that the crowd turnover is nearly equal to Vijay's ATM in some theaters on the opening day. Pollathavan and Machakkaran got an average opening on yesterday. In suburban and B&C centers, these two films found it hard to compete with ATM and Vel.
Kannamoochi Enada, a complete family drama has been received well by the A class audience. It has got an average opening in the rural areas. Of course the film also only targets A center viewers. Agra is 6th in place and last in the rankings of film released this Diwali. From Monday onwards, the Box Office positions will become clearer and will reveals who will be the winner of the Diwali race.