TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Dailyhunt Trust Of The Nation Poll: Can 'Modi Wave' Help BJP Retain Power?
- Apple iPhone XR Available Via Airtel Online Store Starting At Rs 14,999 EMI
- The Beautiful Tringalwadi Fort Is A Perfect Escape From Nashik!
- What Causes Anencephaly And What Are Its Symptoms?
- Nana Patekar: I Am Being Mentally Harassed By Tanushree Dutta, My Name Has Sufferd Incomparable Loss
- New Maruti WagonR Production Begins In India — Launch Soon
- India Vs West Indies: Virat Kohli In Line To Break These ODI Records
- 6 Pension Payment Related Bank Norms That Government Employees Should Know
By: Settu Shankar
Wednesday, September 05, 2007
Bala's hunt for a suitable girl for the lead role in his mega venture Naan Kadavul seems to be never-ending. The latest victim of his elusive hunt has been the upcoming Bollywood actress Neetu Chandra!
After Bhavana walked out of Naan Kadavul, Bala tried to replace her with a Malayalee actress Parvathy, followed by Karthika, who gave takes for just one day, and then Neetu Chandra.
Neetu was one of the heroines in Priyadarshan's hit movie Garam Masala, and later, she did the role of a beggar in Madhur Bhandarkar's Traffic Signal. She has also done a cameo in the award winning Telugu film Godavari.
Last week Bala invited the actress to Theni for a test. The actress immediately came all the way from Mumbai to Madurai by flight and met the director. But the latter was not happy with typical north Indian looks of the actress. He told her that she does not fit in the young beggar girl's role he has carved in his mind.
Now he has resumed his search for a Tamil face for Naan Kadavul. Naan Kadavul unit sources say that the director has invited actress Pooja for a trial shoot and is awaiting her reply.
It seems that the story of Baala's heroine hunt will be more interesting than his script for Naan Kadavul!