TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- A BJP Whitewash As Congress Crawls Back Into The Hindi Heartland
- Hockey World Cup 2018 — Catch The Latest Updates
- Petrol and Diesel Prices May Again Rise — Here's Why
- New Tata Tiago XZ+ Variant Launched In India
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 Launched At Rs 12,999: Price And Specs
- Wildlife Sanctuaries Of Tamil Nadu
- 20 Health Benefits Of Watercress
- Newlyweds PeeCee-Nick Go For Their Honeymoon
By: Settu Shankar
Thursday, July 05, 2007
Bharadwaj, one of the leading music directors in Tamil, has launched a school for light music in association with the Tamil Nadu Open University. The school has been named as Bharadwaj School of Music based in Chennai.
The school has launched a one-year diploma course in Applied Music (vocal) recognized by the Tamil Nadu Open University. The abbreviation used for the diploma is DAM.
According to Bharadwaj, it is an initiative to bring academic recognition to light music in a rather movie-centric world.
He said in a press conference held at Chennai yesterday, "Bharathwaj School of Music has been one of my dreams which has come true today. The course will be offered at Chennai, Erode, Coimbatore, Salem, Trichy, Tanjavur, Thirunelveli and Madurai, with the session commencing in September 2007. The admission notification will be published in the media shortly..."