TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Chhattisgarh Assembly Elections 2018 — Live Updates
- Banks Will Be Closed For 3 Days This Week In Some Cities
- Ban On Registration Of New Vehicles In Bangalore — Does It Really Make A Difference?
- PUBG Mobile Season 4 Arrives With M762 Rifle, Rainy Weather & More
- DeepVeer's New Wedding Pictures Are Out
- Qatar Gets Ready As Four-year World Cup Countdown Nears
- Here's A List Of Bizarre Things That People Have Stolen
- Have You Visited These Saltwater Lakes Of India?
By: Settu Shankar
Friday, April 27, 2007
Bharathiraaja, one of the rare prides of Tamil cinema who has paved the way for many folk artists to enter the tinsel town, has come up again with a new movie Bommalattam in his own style.
Bharathiraaja, a true trend setter, has directed more than 40 films, and most of them become a lesson in film-making to a lot of new comers. His 16 Vayathinile still looks as fresh as ever, and no other film comes anywhere close to this classic. But after Kizhakku Seemayile, the ace director's career faded out. His recent movies like Kadal Pookal, Eera Nilam, and Kangalal Kaithu Sei turned into big disasters at the box office, and this forced the director to re- invent himself afresh. He remained dormant during the past 3 years and has now come up with a new tri- lingual project with Nana Patekar and Arjun.
Originally, the film has been scripted for Hindi viewers in the name of 'Bharathiraaja's Cinema' with Nana Patekar in the lead. Few months later, the director will make the film in Tamil too with the action king Arjun. Last year, he performed the pooja of Bommalattam in Malaysia and has already completed 80 percent of the movie. This film is going to be release in Telugu too in the name of Kalidas. A.R.Rahman is the composer for this multilingual project.
According to a press release from the director, the film is not based on a village-oriented subject. But one can, nevertheless, expect the same feel and the classy touch of Bharathiraaja. His son Manoj K. Bharathi is helping him as an assistant director for this film. For youngsters like Manoj, still there is a lot to learn from the legend. One can only expect another classy movie like Sigappu Rojakkal from Bharathi!
Stunning looks of Sruthi Kamal Hassan
Parattai... A big disappointment!