TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Cyclone Gaja To Hit Tamil Nadu Tonight: State On High Alert; Schools Shut
- New Jawa, Jawa 42 And Perak Motorcycles Launched In India; Prices Start At Rs 1.55 Lakh
- Jio GigaFiber: How To Register For Reliance FTTH Broadband Connection
- Inside Details About DeepVeer's Konkani-Brahmin Wedding
- Virat Kohli Vows To Give It Back If Aussies Are Aggressive
- Shraddha Kapoor Gave Us One More Cute Fashion Goal With This Floral Summery Dress
- Health Insurance Major Revamp Plan To Serve Customers Better: Here’s How
- All About The Lost Town Of Poompuhar In Tamil Nadu
By: Settu Shankar
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
Making a film run for 100 days is an uphill task for the producers nowadays. But it simply happens that way for a Rajini film. Once again Rajini has proved his stardom among the people in an emphatic way. Today is the 700th day of successful running for Chandramukhi at the Shanthi Cine complex in Chennai. The movie is all set to rewrite the record set by Haridoss, a Bhaghavathar super hit film released on a Diwali day in 1944. Haridoss had been screened at the Broadway Theater for 2 regular shows and it completed 784 days of continuous running. None of the show timings has changed for the film. In fact, they screened the film for 3 shows during the weekend to control the crowds. Now Chandramukhi is very close to the record set by Haridoss. This film is now being screened for one show at Shanthi, the theater owned by Prabhu, the producer of Chandramukhi.
The theater administration said that even now lot of fans comes to watch the film. The auditorium has been almost packed to capacity during the weekends. They can even identify some fans have been visiting the theater regularly. The film with a star-cast of Rajini Kanth, Jyothika, Nayanthara, Prabhu and Vadivelu has already achieved several new feats in the 75-year-old history of Tamil talkies. Abroad too, this film has enjoyed a spectacular run in countries like Japan, Korea and Egypt. In South Africa, the film turned out as one of the highest grossers and celebrated the Silver Jubilee week of its running.
Prabhu, the producer of the film said, 'I'm the happiest person in the world when I hear so many good stories about my brother Shivaji Rajini's film Chandramukhi. It is my luck that I'm the producer of the film. This film will certainly cross 800 days... even 1000 days of continuous running . We have planned to celebrate the grand success of this film in a lavish manner after the 800 th day.'